Date:      Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:30:14 -0500
From:      Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   gnomedb, libgda, gal: can't find libg*12 but have libg*-12

I'm rebuilding my ports after the recent libtool15 change.  Ports
gnomedb, libgda, and gal aren't building because the linker can't find
the right libraries.  According to the Makefile's, it's looking for
libraries like:

 -lgdk12
 -lglib12
 -lgmodule12
 -lgthread12
 -lgtk12

These libraries do exist but are named like:

 libgdk-12.so
 libglib-12.so
 libgmodule-12.so
 libgthread-12.so
 libgtk-12.so

I started manually editing the generated work/*/Makefiles but it's
tedious and unreliable.  I'm too ignorant to know where the port is
finding these bogus library names.

Interestingly, some of the Makefiles specify both the *12 as well as
the *-12 names of the libraries:

  cc -shared ...
  -lgthread12 ...
  -lgtk12 -lgdk12 -lgmodule12 -lglib12 ...
  -lgtk-12 -lgdk-12 -lgmodule-12 -lglib-12 ...
  .libs/libgnomedb.so.0
  /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgthread12
  gmake[2]: *** [libgnomedb.la] Error 1
  gmake[2]: Leaving directory
  `/usr/local/ports/databases/gnomedb/work/gnome-db-0.2.96/lib'

So it seems there may be some stale gnome (?) library config
informatino which the ports are pcking up.

Any suggestions what I need to fix or clean up?
Thanks.