Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:23:33 -0500
From:      oscentral@usa.net (Rod Taylor)
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Ne2000 PCI Card

I have 2 cheap 100mbit nics (rj45 only).  Both use the ReaTek 8139 chipset
(from the best that I can tell).  Both are PCI.

I've attempted to use both cards in several PCI slots, under 2.2.8 and 3.0
boot floppies, and a 3.0-stable (updated 2 days ago).  None of these
releases found either card in any situation.

I believe the card should be detected as Ed0 (possibly ed1).  I have used
3com pci cards in both machines under freebsd sucessfully and the ne2000
cards function under windows and os/2.

What can I do?  If someone wants to see, I'm willing to give root to a
person who wishes to help fix this problem (or make appropriate additions to
the driver).   Have any changes been applied to 4.0-current which may solve
my situation?

Tried to get help in #freebsd in efnet, but no-one had suggestions that
helped me... (Thanks anyhow Xanne)