Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2012 06:13:41 -0700
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Thomas Gellekum <Thomas.Gellekum@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrade of eclipse-devel to 4.2.0

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 09:18:36PM -0700, Greg Lewis wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 07:17:17PM -0700, Greg Lewis wrote:
> > G'day Thomas,
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 07:02:56PM +0200, Thomas Gellekum wrote:
> > > Moin,
> > >
> > > I've put diffs for the upgrade of eclipse-devel at
> > > <URL:http://people.freebsd.org/~tg/eclipse-devel-20120829.diff>. These
> > > compile on 8-stable/amd64.
> > >
> > > If someone wants to commit the changes right away (shouldn't be any harm
> > > in doing that, eclipse-devel is ignored right now), please remember to
> > > remove files/patch-generatedScripts and add files/MANIFEST.MF.junit4.
> > >
> > > tg
> >
> > Thanks for working on this!  Looks like the version of jetty its trying to
> > fetch isn't available any more:
> >
> > => jetty-distribution-8.1.0.v20120127.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/eclipse.
> > => Attempting to fetch http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/8.1.0.v20120127/dist/jetty-distribution-8.1.0.v20120127.tar.gz
> > fetch: http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/8.1.0.v20120127/dist/jetty-distribution-8.1.0.v20120127.tar.gz:
> > Not Found
> >
> > The oldest version there is jetty 8.1.3.  If you've got the older version
> > you could maybe put it in your public_distfiles directory and have it
> > fetched from there.  Otherwise we'll need to use one of the newer versions.
>
> Nevermind, they have an archive site where its downloadable from.  I'll
> just update the Makefile to point to that for jetty.

Looks good other than that to me.  I ran into an SVN hurdle committing it
though.  files/freebsd-support.patch operates on multiple files and there
are a few with DOS line endings.  SVN pukes on commit since it doesn't want
mixed line endings in a file.  I've got a way around most of it, but I
haven't found a way to fix the patch for

build/eclipse-3.5.2-src/plugins/org.eclipse.update.core/plugin.properties

yet.  I'm not sure where to plug in a call to dos2unix ot the like to fix
the file before its patched.

CVS didn't have this issue is why we haven't run into this before.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org