Date:      Fri, 7 Aug 2009 23:14:19 +0100
From:      Andrew Brampton <brampton+freebsd-net@gmail.com>
To:        Barney Cordoba <barney_cordoba@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, "Rajan \(Algates\)" <r.a.s.rajan@gmail.com>, Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Subject:   Re: request for traffic generator tool for BSD

2009/8/7 Barney Cordoba <barney_cordoba@yahoo.com>:

> What ever happened to the multi-threaded version of netperf?
>
> Barney

A shameless plug, but a couple of years ago I needed a multi-threaded
netperf app for my research, so instead of waiting for netperf to
become multithreaded I wrote a similar app called "threadnetperf". It
was a completely written from scratch and has little in common with
netperf, but works exceedingly well, and has been used as the basis of
a few academic papers.

You can find it here: http://bramp.net/blog/threadnetperf-v1-0 Most of
the testing has been done on Linux, but last time I checked it works
on FreeBSD.

I hope someone finds it useful.
Andrew