Date:      Sun, 29 Jun 2003 17:51:17 +0200
From:      Martin Krzysiak <cinek@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with libvgl

Hi,

I am trying to make something useful with libvgl, but I noticed a few
problems:

- I cannot use the SW_VGA_xxx-modes. That means:
/usr/share/examples/libvgl/demo.c does not work, either.
- My system hangs after using any VESA mode prefixed with CG (e.a. 256
palette entries, I think), calling VGLEnd() and switching back to X
(Alt+F9). This happens on stable and current. I can only use
Ctrl+Alt+Del to shut down my PC. The VESA-modes work well, besides
freezing the X-server. I can display graphics and everything (colors
and shapes) looks correct.

(vidcontrol works fine, also for VGA_xx-modes)

My kernel configuration (essential part) is:
device          vga0    at isa? port ?
options         VESA
pseudo-device   splash
device          sc0     at isa? flags 0x100
device          vt0     at isa?
options         XSERVER
options         PCVT_FREEBSD=480
options         SC_PIXEL_MODE
options         SC_HISTORY_SIZE=512

The X-Server is XFree86-4.3.0 with "nvidia" driver.

Can someone tell me how to use the SW_VGA13, SW_VGA_MODEX and e.g.
SW_VESA_CG800x600 mode? I cannot find anything useful on the web.

Thanks,
Martin