Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 1997 13:15:12 +0800
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        felix@royal.net
Cc:        zaphod@imailbox.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Monitors... any recommendations?

On Thu, Dec 11, 1997 at 08:15:20PM +0000, Aled Treharne wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, jtkipp@students.wisc.edu wrote:
>
>> I might have the chance soon to get some new hardware (YEA!!), and it
>> might include a new (or new-used) Monitor. Anybody have any advice about
>> specific products that are good/that should be avoided? (I'll almost
>> certainly be looking at 15-17 inch models...) Or products that work
>> well/not at all with freebsd? How about monitors with tv-like controls
>> (i.e. digital/on screeen) for color, contrast, brightness, etc. Has
>> anybody had any experiance/problems with those?
>>
> I've been thinking of buying a monitor too, and Ilyama seem a good buy -
> they are dropping in price like crazy here in the UK. 15" (not sure of
> the model no) for 220UKP + VAT. Anyone got any experience of them?

I've been using 21" iiyamas for nearly 2 years now, and IMO they're
some of the best monitors I've ever seen.  The cheaper model is
better, and has no detectable convergence problems.  I've never seen
that on any Trinitron or similar monitor, not even the (more
expensive) iiyama model I bought by accident.

Greg