Date:      Thu, 9 May 2002 20:40:01 -0400
From:      "Jon Craig" <jcraig03@tampabay.rr.com>
To:        "FBSD newbies" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   "hostname" question

I am trying to set up a firewall using "How to Build a FreeBSD-STABLE
Firewall with IPFILTER" by Marty Schlacter. I just have one simple
question that has been confusing me for the longest time. Many points
throughout the document require that I enter or know my "hostname". This
system will be on a cable modem that is using a DCHP address. From what
I understand, my hostname is assigned by my ISP (RR.COM)

Can someone just clear the fog about this so I can get this installed
correctly?

Jon