Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 01:40:38 -0500
From:      Sir <postroad@mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   what do I need so FreeBSD submits DNS requests to my ISP

FreeBSD 4.1 stable on an intel PII.

The network config is actualy very well connected. I can do anything by
IP address(i.e ping,ftp etc) and I am serving www with apache and ftp
with wu. However, the system doesn't seem to know where to direct dns
requests. So, if I say "#ftp secureftp.wheriwork.com" it replies "No
address associated with hostaname". I looked into "bind" but was put off
by the complexity and the possibility of "tweeking" my ISP by
accidentaly becoming the name server for a domain I don't own. (although
I do own masspostroad.net). Any help greatly appreciated.