Date:      Thu, 09 Mar 2000 14:26:37 -0700
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        "Willett, Robbin, VBAVACO" <IRMRWILL@VBA.VA.GOV>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: downloading FreeBSD

"Willett, Robbin, VBAVACO" writes:
 +---------------
 | I have been trying to download, without success, FreeBSD from the internet.
 | From what I am reading,  I need to download and make the two floppies, which
 | I did do.  And then I would download the bin directory to floppies for use
 | during installation.
 |
 | However, I am having a hard time getting the bin directory.  When I tried to
 | ftp to the site, there were no files under pub.  I cannot find the bin
 | directory.  Can you provide any furher instructions.

It sounds to me like you are attempting an FTP based network install?
You will just need the two floppy images; kern.flp and mfsroot.flp.

Boot from these and follow the bouncing ball through the rest of the
menus.  This has worked great for me many times.

good luck
chris
__
Chris Fedde	  <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>