Date:      Thu, 3 Jan 2008 20:57:18 +0100
From:      "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fernando_Apestegu=EDa?=" <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>
To:        "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=F8rgrav?=" <des@des.no>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Porting from Linux to FreeBSD (procfs question)

On Jan 3, 2008 8:50 PM, Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav <des@des.no> wrote:
> "Fernando Apestegu=EDa" <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com> writes:
> > I have an application written in C + Gtk + Glib that gathers
> > information from procfs under Linux. Now, I'm trying to port this
> > application to FreeBSD (I'm working with 7.0 RC1).
>
> man linprocfs

Yes, I checked it. But although the cpuinfo file is quite close to the
"original" one in Linux, there are other important files missed.
That's because I'm trying to find the best approach.

Maybe a mix of both could be good: use the linxprocfs when it is
almost straightforward (in fact I could run the app, just changing few
lines) and sysctl when the linprocfs doesn't provide the information
that I need.

Cheers