Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 16:58:59 -0400
From:      Brian <asura@xs3.dyn.ml.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sendmail...slow boot...

I may have not correctly posted my last question, so I ask again.
I remember reading somewhere that some things cause the system to
take longer to boot...ie: sendmail takes a long time to load, etc.

One of my systems is taking forever to init sendmail and then when
it finally does get it loaded, it continues to boot whereupon arriving
at...    Local package initialization:
-It takes another forever to continue past that and then gives weird errors
dealing with Getpeername, and something else as well as socket on
non-socket errors.  I cannot ping other systems on lan nor even localhost...

this is a new installation of 2.2.6 with a working kernel, some packages like
apache, etc...and i have been playing with /etc/ttys for addition of
virtual terminals
and /etc/rc.conf for some changes, but nothing I could attribute to this...

any help?

-Brian