Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2000 07:43:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ken Bolingbroke <hacker@bolingbroke.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: To relay or not to relay mail.

Taking that approach, you need to allow every ISP used by your users to
relay through your mail server.  You need to change it when they change
ISPs.  And you run the risk of other dialups at the same ISPs abusing your
mail server.

I prefer the approach of telling my users to set their SMTP server to
mail.ISP.net, and set their POP server to my mail server.  That way
there's no relaying issues for me, because their mail is relayed through
their ISP (as it should be), and they retrieve their mail from me.  Makes
life much easier all around...

Ken Bolingbroke
hacker@bolingbroke.com