Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 2000 23:51:18 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kim Scarborough <sluggo@unknown.nu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to fetch additional files?

I'm currently working on a port that needs to download some text files in
addition to the main tarball. What is the Approved way of doing this? The
closest thing I could find was how to download additional patches, but
that's not what these are. Currently, I have something like this;

post-patch:
	cd $(WRKSRC)/lists;$(FETCH_CMD) ftp://bla.com/foo.gz
	cd $(WRKSRC)/lists;$(FETCH_CMD) ftp://bla.com/bar.gz

This works, but it seems ugly to me (especially since it goes on like this
for 15 lines).

Any suggestions? Are there other ports with a similar issue?

Kim Scarborough                                      http://www.unknown.nu/kim/