Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:38:44 -0500
From:      Alan Clegg <abc@bsdi.com>
To:        Benjamin Lutz <benlutz@datacomm.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lynx forbidden

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL

Out of the ether, Benjamin Lutz spewed forth the following bitstream:
> Well, I still have a question though: Why was Lynx marked "forbidden"
> at all, leading to misunderstandings? Or the standard unix user
> expected to be able to do this basic kind of "hacking"?

The lynx port is marked forbidden due to security problems.

There is no misunderstanding.

If you want to open yourself (and your users) up to buffer overflows in
the code, you are more than welcome.

AlanC

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL--