Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:54:37 -0500
From:      trini0 <trini0@optonline.net>
To:        Stephen Fitzhugh <fitzhugh@connix.com>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: psmintr:out of sync

This error happens alot with people with kvms, including myself.  There has
been whispers that the psm flags could be adjusted which may make it work,
but I guess that is for the high priest voodoo magician eyes only.  Read up
on the man page for psm, there are flag options which may be able to deal
with this.  For the life of me, I can't seem to get these numbers to the
0x????? format.  Someone on here tried to explain it to me, but I guess my
memories of math in school are finally eluding me.....
Has anyone come across this error, recompiled their kernel with new psm
flags, and have it work then on out.  The truth......
How do you turn "bit 15" into 0x????

Stephen Fitzhugh wrote:

> Problem: I get the "psmintr:out of sync (0008 != 0000)" error message
> WHEN USING A NEW Linksys PS2KVM2 KVM switch. I do NOT get the error when
> using the mouse directly in the computer mouse ports.
>
> I have checked the mailing list archives and other FreeBSD documentation
> and nothing seems to work.
>
> Windows NT works without a hitch, but when either machine is in FreeBSD,
> the mouse is unusable. Both computers are running FreeBSD 4.2 Stable.
> The problem is the same on both machines.
>
> I can run "moused -p /dev/psm0 -i all" and it correctly detects the
> mouse. When I run "vidcontrol -m on" I immediately get the psmintr
> warning.
>
> The keyboard and video work fine.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards,
> Steve Fitzhugh
> --
> Stephen L. Fitzhugh
> fitzhugh@connix.com
> Phone: (203) 458-2989    Fax: (203) 458-6555

         _____________________________
         |          trini0           |
     / ) | Systems Administrator     |
    / /  | Network Engineer          |