Date:      Fri, 29 May 1998 00:52:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      CyberPeasant <djv@bedford.net>
To:        brendan@bmkind.lnk.telstra.net (Brendan Kosowski)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BUG with vt100 terminal emulation

Brendan Kosowski wrote:

> Does anyone out there have a BUG FIX for the vt100 terminal emulation
> problems with FreeBSD 2.2.5 ???
>
> If you are asking "What Bug ?", try setting your term to vt100 and then
> telnetting into locis.loc.gov or try telnetting into a linux system and
> using the joe editor help menu. Then compare your results running win95
> with a telnet program in vt100 mode.
>
> Who do I announce BUGS to ???

Aw, come on... what's the real behavior???

Is the result a frozen telnet session?

I spent the afternoon yesterday with someone working on frozen telnet
sessions, which seem to point at a problem in the vt100 termcap, and
would like to know what your problem is.

Do me a favor, and set your terminal type to vt220 and see if that
makes a difference.

Dave
--
        Is the true purpose of Unix its use, or its administration?