Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:09:05 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Mark Santcroos <marks@ripe.net>
Cc:        freebsd emulator list <freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: usb -> vmware -> palm

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, Mark Santcroos wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 10:27:51AM -0500, Chris Dillon wrote:
> > Ported as in it will soon be running natively on FreeBSD, or ported as
> > in someone will be adding the Linux version to the ports collection?
> > The former would be awesome, thats why I'm clarifying. :-)
>
> Ported in as:
>
> - kernel module ported to FreeBSD native
> - binary running in linuxulator

OK, so just like the vmware2 port.  I guess enough people haven't
bugged VMWare enough to give us a native FreeBSD binary.  I was one
that purchased VMWare 2 for Linux and told them "I only bought this to
run on FreeBSD, I'd really much rather have the real thing!"  If
anybody else is listening that has bought VMWare for Linux and is
running it on FreeBSD, let them know!

> Progress:
>
> The module is compiling and (un)loading cleanly. I have troubles
> getting the binary running. Working on that.

I assume because of the new features in vmware3 that the FreeBSD
module is quite a bit more complex than the vmware2 module.

Good luck getting it all working, and thanks! :-)

--
 Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
 FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet