Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2000 00:57:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nick Hibma <n_hibma@qubesoft.com>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dumb usb question

We do not have support for that serial device yet. And it is not
straightforward to write support for it.

Nick

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> A friend of mine just bought a D-Link USB-S25 USB to Serial Port
> converter cable.  Given  that he cannot make it work under linux and
> that I've been trying to sell him on FreeBSD, I'd like to give it a
> whirl under FreeBSD.
>
> What is the appropriate driver?  umodem looks like it just deals with
> generic serial devices and might do the job.  Is that correct?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Drew

Qube Software, Ltd.                                             Private:
n_hibma@qubesoft.com                              n_hibma@webweaving.org
                                                     n_hibma@freebsd.org
http://www.qubesoft.com/                   http://www.etla.net/~n_hibma/