Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 16:44:59 -0500
From:      Soren Harward <soren@cinternet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   EIDE/ATAPI tape drive support

On boot, the kernel finds my Seagate EIDE tape drive, but I can't seem
to get to to work:

wdc1 at 0x170-0x177 irq 15 on isa
wdc1: unit 0 (atapi): <Seagate STT8000A/5.02>, removable, accel, dma, iordis
wdc1: ATAPI streaming tapes not configured

It appears I've forgotten some option in the kernel, but the Handbook
doesn't have anything about an "ATAPI streaming tapes" option.  Is
this drive supported under 3.1?  How can I get it to work?

--
 Soren Harward <soren@cinternet.net> | Windows DOES come with a tool
 http://www.soren.cinternet.net/     | to restore a corrupt Registry.