Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 2000 22:46:26 +1000
From:      Benno Rice <benno@netizen.com.au>
To:        Ronald.vanderPol@surfnet.nl
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Irda support

On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 01:10:04PM +0200, Ronald.vanderPol@surfnet.nl wrote:

> Please work together. Jasper Wallace <jasper@pointless.net> is working
> on IrDA too. And obviously, there is interest in IrDA on BSD.

I'll get in touch with him.  (Unless he gets in touch with me first. =))

> Could you please release the code so that the BSD community can play with
> it and contribute to it?

I'm trying to get my IrLAP code to the point where it's vaguely functional.
I'd be happy to release it at that point.  I'm estimating sometime in the next
week or two, unless work gets in the way.  *cross fingers*
At that point, I'll have a secondary-only, 9600bps only IrLAP layer.  That's
when I'll try and get the IrLMP, TinyTP and IrCOMM layers in.  Then I'll go
back and add the missing stuff to IrLAP.  At least, that's my current plan.
All this stuff's being written for Netgraph, and I've got a small daemon-ish
process that sets all the nodes up.

I'm also happy for this stuff to go into the main repository whenever people
feel it's ready enough for -current.

--
Benno Rice                                      "No, no. We're *sweet* and
XNFP Aries Dark Subculture-                      *innocent* evil bastards."