Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 09:17:22 -0700
From:      Ken Key <key@network-alchemy.com>
To:        Christophe Pr votaux <c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr>
Cc:        Ken Key <key@network-alchemy.com>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gateway SOLO 2150

Bummer.  Well, also had a freezing problem on an IBM X20 laptop.
For that, I had to change the irq used by the pcic0 device from
irq 0 (polling mode) to irq 10.  This can be done by booting
the kernel -c and editing it in the visual mode or by just
reconfiguring and recompiling the kernel (I did the latter).
There's probably a particular line that the editing method
puts in boot.config, but I'm not up on that.  It seems I saw
this a few months ago on the list.  You might want to also try
searching the archives at:

Don't forget to remove the pccard_mem line when
you try that.  By the way, the X20 was also v4.2, so I don't know if
this is still an issue for v4.3.  (I installed FreeBSD on several
different models last december when we went through the IBM BIOS
debacle, trying to find replacements for my development team).

Good luck,
Ken Key