Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:16:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Serdar Ozler <sozler82@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATAPI CDROM Problem

Hi,=0A=0AI am trying to install FreeBSD 6.2 on my new machine and have a pr=
oblem. I boot using 6.2-disc1, but when I try to choose CD/DVD as installat=
ion media, the installer says: "No CD/DVD drives found". I tried the soluti=
on in question 3.13 of FreeBSD FAQ, but it didn't work. I tried setting the=
 CD drive's jumper to Master, Slave, and Cable Select. None of them worked.=
=0A=0AI also tried installing FreeBSD 6.1 and Ubuntu Linux with no success.=
 Knoppix also can't boot saying that it can't find the filesystem.=0A=0AHow=
ever, I can assure that the drive is working, since I can boot CDs using th=
is drive and Windows is very happy with it. By the way, it is an LG GSA-H22=
N.=0A=0AI looked at the boot messages by using Scroll Lock, and I can't see=
 any messages indicating that FreeBSD detected my CD drive. It detects my S=
ATA HDD though. And the strange thing I noticed is that, it finds 3 control=
lers, atapci0 (ATA), atapci1 (SATA), and atapci2 (SATA). But the ata device=
s start from 2: ata2, ata3, ata4, ata5, ata6, and ata7. There are no ata0 a=
nd ata1.=0A=0AAre there any suggestions?=0A=0AThanks,=0ASerdar=0A=0A=0A =0A=
_________=0AYahoo! Music Unlimited=0AAccess over 1 million songs.=0Ahttp://=
music.yahoo.com/unlimited