Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 2004 20:32:25 -0400
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rsync or cvsup?

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 02:27:10PM +0200, Daniel Lang wrote:
> Dan Langille wrote on Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 08:23:22AM -0400:
> > cvsup.nz.freebsd.org is being replaced.  We are trying to set up the
> > new box now.
> >
> > At present, it cvsup's from cvsup-master.freebsd.org.  Is the latest
> > thinking to use rsync or cvsup?
> [..]
>
> CVSup. For the CVS-Repo use cvsup. I didn't even know that
> rsync was offered on cvsup-master....

It's not.  :-)

You can choose between cvsup/rsync for mirroring the FTP site.  On
ftp-master.freebsd.org we do prefer people use CVSup if possible because
it is less of a memory hog than rsync is.  Peter was right about the
size (it's gone up since then) though we do allow 8 connects, not 1. ;-)

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu