Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2006 20:33:09 +0400
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
To:        Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and "make -j# buildworld" usability

--+xNpyl7Qekk2NvDX

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 11:06:37AM -0400, Vivek Khera wrote:
>=20
> On Oct 13, 2006, at 10:31 AM, Buki wrote:
>=20
> >I searched the archives and web a little but found many different =20
> >opinions
> >on stability/usability of using make -j# with buildworld (and =20
> >buildkernel).
>=20
> Works for me with -j2 on buildworld.
>=20
> My buildkernel fails since I compile acpi static.
>=20
Hmm, and where and how does it break?  This commit (not yet
in RELENG_6) doesn't help?

: ru          2006-09-06 14:23:40 UTC
:=20
:   FreeBSD src repository
:=20
:   Modified files:
:     sys/i386/acpica      Makefile=20
:   Log:
:   Refine previous revision to allow acpi_wakecode.h to be safely built
:   from both the acpi module build directory and a kernel build directory.
:   The latter didn't work when one attempted to build a kernel which had
:   "device acpi" with the "make kernel-toolchain buildkernel" command
:   because a cross-compiler couldn't find anything in the standard system
:   include path (it's empty in the kernel-toolchain case).
:  =20
:   Fix this by passing a better root path to kernel headers (src/sys)
:   which works for both cases, kernel and module (-I@ only worked for
:   module).
:  =20
:   Also, while here, pass -nostdinc (and a different spelling for icc) --
:   it's a feature that the kernel source tree is self-contained, and this
:   change enforces this.
:  =20
:   Reported by:    glebius
:  =20
:   Revision  Changes    Path
:   1.7       +7 -1      src/sys/i386/acpica/Makefile

Cheers,
--=20
Ruslan Ermilov
ru@FreeBSD.org