Date:      Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:36:01 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Joel Hatton <joel@auscert.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 6.0 RC1 dhclient (was Re: 6.0 RC1 usbd.conf (and installation comments))

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 09:31:37AM +1000, Joel Hatton wrote:
> > Ah, that's they key. aliases don't work with dhclient at the moment for
> > most interfaces because the interfaces generate bogus link events when
> > aliases are modified.  We hope to fix this, but it's going to take some
> > time.
>=20
> Ok - thanks. I'm fortunate at the moment that I've stopped using the jail
> I had on that particular machine. Even though this is a somewhat unusual
> situation (ie dhcp + jail alias) I don't suppose there's any move to in
> the mean time incorporate a 'DHCLIENT=3D' make option for ISC/OpenBSD
> versions? ;)

Such an option would be very difficult because the ISC and openbsd
dhclients require vastly different support infrastructure.

As I said, we do plan to fix this despite the fact that such
a configuration is fundamentally perverse. :)  It's just going to take
some time.

-- Brooks

--=20

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy