Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:49:56 -0500
From:      Peter Erickson <lists@redlamb.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ethernet tap and netgraph

I am in the process of adding a machine running Snort to my network and I a=
m having problems getting it to work correctly. My problem is that I bought=
 a network tap (Finisar UTP/1) and have connected the ports (A and B) to th=
e link in between my internet router and firewall. I then connected the tap=
 ports to 2 different nics on a machine running 4.6 and Snort 1.9.0. Now th=
e problem is that snort will only watch one interface so i cant tell it to =
watch both directions of traffic. I believe that there is a way to use netg=
raph to bind the 2 interfaces connected to the network tap together so that=
 I can use snort to monitor both directions of traffic, but Im not too sure=
 on how to do it. I have tried using nf_fec and ng_one2many, but i have had=
 no luck with either one. So my question is this: Does anyone know of a way=
 to bind 2 nics together so that I can use Snort to monitor ALL traffic com=
ing in on both of them? If it matters, I am not assigning an ip address to =
the nics either. Thanks in advance.