Date:      Mon, 05 Mar 2001 20:30:29 +0900
From:      Takeshi Hiyama <th@cis.ibaraki.ac.jp>
To:        Steve Price <steve@havk.org>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/24767: usage of WANT_GNOME is mistaken in  ports/games/xpuyopuyo

Steve Price wrote:
> No generally you want to add 'WANT_GNOME' to /etc/make.conf if
> you want ports that have GNOME support to have it compiled in.

In "ports/Mk/bsd.gnome.mk" , it says
# types of of variables.  WANT_, WITH_, HAVE_ and USE_.  The logic of
# this is that a port can WANT support for a package, a user specifies
# if they want ports compiles WITH certain features.  This section tests
# if we HAVE these features, and the port is then free to USE them.
If I want GNOME support for all ports that support GNOME,
do I have to add both WANT_ and WITH_GNOME to make.conf?
If so, that ok, but in either case,

+DATADIR=share

must be added when HAVE_GNOME is not defined.
DATADIR is used in pkg-plist,
and DATADIR will be defined only if USE_GNOME if defined, or
WANT_GNOME is defined && HAVE_GNOME is not.
--
HIYAMA Takeshi