Date:      Thu, 5 Jun 2003 12:51:36 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Eduardo Viruena Silva <mrspock@esfm.ipn.mx>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        siruphi@freesurf.fr
Subject:   Re: commande 'make' non reconnue

-------- Original Message --------
From: <mrspock@esfm.ipn.mx>
Date: Thu, June 5, 2003 12:49 pm
To: <siruphi@freesurf.fr>

Philippe,

It would be a good idea write your message in English.

> Bonjour,
>
> j'ai trouvé votre adresse de courriel dans la page "si quelquechose se
> passe mal"
> (http://www.freebsd-fr.org/doc/fr/books/handbook/kernelconfig-trouble.html)

you are saying that you found this mail address in the file:
"what if something goes wrong" in:

http://www.freebsd-fr.org/doc/fr/books/handbook/kernelconfig-trouble.html

> je suis tout nouveau dans Linux, en voulant installer ma carte
> video j'ai découvert que la commande "make" n'est pas reconnue par mon
> Mandrake 8.1, ça me répond qu'elle n'existe pas quand je tape "man
> make"
>
> la facilité avec laquelle vous parlez de Linux sur votre site me
> laisse espérer que vous saurez m'aider

you said:

t> you are new at "Linux" [even though this is not a linux list].
t> and you wish install your video card, when you typed "make" command
in t> Mandrake 8.1 it is not recognized.  Now, you are supposing we
speak t> Linux fluently, and this make you think we can help...

sorry, this is not a Linux List.
we do not know which video card you are using and
it is almost impossible for us to help you installing your
card in that operating system.

> merci à vous,
> Philippe
>
> p.s. vous conseillez de joindre le fichier de configuration du noyau,
> mais je ne sais pas de quoi il s'agit

Argh!!! my French is abandoning me...

You said:
t> we suggest to attach your configuration file but you dont know
t> how...

Perhaps you referred to "/etc/X11/XF86Config" file, but I don't know
where to find it in Mandrake.

THIS IS A FREEBSD LIST, NOT A LINUX-MANDRAKE LIST.