Date:      	Sun, 17 May 1998 17:30:30 -0400
From:      "Mark Segal" <mark.segal@utoronto.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "MP" <mlistbsd@icorp.net>
Subject:   Re: too many open files problem

This is a simple fix... by default bind 8.1.x trys to open listen on every
ip bound to the machine.. it it will answer a dns query on every ip.  This
is useless.. because you only need to listen on the localhost, and the ip
that is registered with the InterNIC, so the simple fix is, use the
listen-on directive in your options section of the named.conf.

-- named.conf --
options {
        directory "/etc/namedb";
        listen-on {127.0.0.1; 204.107.221.20;};
    // other options here
};
-----

I assummed this was four your domain.thingy.icorp.net ... :).  If  not just
switch the second IP, with the proper one.. :)

Mark Segal
formally of Club-Web, now happly employed at Pathway Communications (still
have to make my mail account, or more imprtantly, get a desktop) :).

mp@icorp.net