Date:      Tue, 29 Feb 2000 01:17:29 -0600
From:      Dave McKay <dave@mu.org>
To:        Stephen <sdk@yuck.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unattended ? install

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO

Stephen (sdk@yuck.net) wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 01:43:47PM +1100, David Nugent wrote:
> > I know that a fair amount of work has been done in building automated
> > installs for FreeBSD. Is this work currently available only in -current,
> > or does it include 3.X as well (I suspect it does as I first saw it
> > mentioned long ago).
> >=20
> > More importantly, where can I find documentation to use this?
> >=20
>=20
> I wouldn't mind assisting with this effort.  I would love to see an
> automated install process similar to Solaris Jumpstart.

I have heard rumors from a good source that a PXE boot for
FreeBSD is in the making.  This can be made to mirror the=20
solaris jumpstart, or even better improve upon it.  I believe
it will be committed in the near future.

--=20
Dave McKay
Network Engineer - Google Inc.
dave@mu.org - dave@google.com