Date:      Wed, 9 Sep 1998 16:31:45 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard), andrewr@slack.net, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.6 zp/tcp fuckups.

> > It's probably more
> > correct to say that Darren is trying to use a PCCARD driver which
> > COMPLETELY SUCKS
> So to hopefully improve the situation, I need to install PAO (pccard
> driver & pccardd ?) and use the ep driver

No, you don't need to install PAO, but you need to configure things in
/etc/rc.conf and /etc/pccard.conf, just like you would have to with PAO.

>which results in the card
> not being detected all the time after being suspended ?

That's the advantage of not using PAO, in that it works 'some of the
time', while in PAO and with the driver you're using now, it works none
of the time.

Nate