Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:14:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?q?adrian=20kok?= <adriankok2000@yahoo.com.hk>
Cc:        edwin@mavetju.org, <tcannon@noops.org>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mrtg

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, [iso-8859-1] adrian kok wrote:

> Dear all
>
> Thank you very much for your help
>
> One question, how can I have cisco log syslog to our
> freebsd? I forget how to do it?

On the Cisco router:

logging x.x.x.x
logging trap info

This will log syslog messages to IP x.x.x.x and send all informational and
below messages.  Cisco uses facility local7 by default, but you can change
this with the:

logging facility <facility>

command.

On the FreeBSD machine, you need to tell syslogd to open a listening
socket at 514/udp as well as actually accept remote messages.  To do this,
add the following to /etc/rc.conf:

syslogd_flags=""

Then, add the following to /etc/syslog.conf:

local7.info                                     /var/log/syslog.cisco

Joe