Date:      16 Mar 1999 17:03:43 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 1998 Bugs

Eivind Eklund <eivind@FreeBSD.ORG> writes:
> I think that would be a good idea.  My take on this is that we should
> have a team of people that take responsibility for handling PRs, and
> that each incoming PR should be assigned to one of the people on the
> team.  That person has the responsibility for handling the PR *in some
> fashion*.  This could be

How many times have I suggested this (and even discussed it with you
over a glass of single malt)? :)

> 1. A cronjob that goes through all new PRs every night, and assigns
>    them to people from a list of PR tag team members.  (Round-robin
>    fashion, of course).

...and mails the PR to that person. But I'd feel more comfortable if
PRs were assigned the minute they were filed (which requires modifying
GNATS, but shouldn't be too much work)

> I'm willing to be on such a team if 10 other committers also are - if
> I get 10 volunteers, I'll write up the code.

ACK!

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no