Date:      Wed, 4 Apr 2001 17:30:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Brezny <peter@black.purplecat.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   using cricket to get info from ipfw pipes

I'd like to use cricket, or mrtg, to graph information about specific
traffic flows through a freebsd 4.2-stable machine.

I found in the ipfw man page the section which shows how to set up
something to collect stats

           ipfw add pipe 1 tcp from any to any
           ipfw add pipe 1 udp from any to any
           ipfw add pipe 1 ip from any to any
           ipfw pipe 1 config mask all

and I can take things from here to setup individual rules for inbound or
outbound traffic from/to specific networks, but I don't know how to get to
the statistics it's going to create.

Where will this information be logged?

How can i get this information to cricket or mrtg for analysis in an
automated fassion?

TIA

pb