Date:      13 Mar 98 08:18:42 +0100
From:      leifn@image.dk (Leif Neland)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: root filesystem and -current

At 13 Mar 98 04:05:14 Greg Lehey wrote regarding Re: root filesystem and
-current

 GL> What has happened is relatively complicated: they've eliminated
 GL> the "compatibility slice", so you will no longer be able to mount
 GL> /dev/sd0a.  Use /dev/sd0s1a instead (in /etc/fstab).  Don't be
 GL> put off by the fact that it will then claim to mount
 GL> /dev/sd0s2a; that's a known bug.

Is it for the same reason 2.2.6-BETA told me to change / from /dev/wd1a to
/dev/wd1s2a (or so, I just followed ze orderz)?

before I changed, it still worked, but it complained. Nice upgrade-method: add
code to warn about things going to be obsolete, then wait a few weeks and then
remove the warning and the obsolete stuff.

Leif Neland
leifn@image.dk

---