Date:      Sat, 19 Jul 2008 18:41:40 +0200
From:      Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jos Chrispijn <jos@webrz.net>, Warren Liddell <shinjii@maydias.com>
Subject:   Re: http cache cleaner

On Thursday 17 July 2008 11:28:02 Jos Chrispijn wrote:
> Warren Liddell wrote:
> > I have had every so often during the day a window saying http cache
> > cleaner loading application appear but not listed in the actual processes
> > or available to terminate, what is it an how do i stop it form loading ?
>
> Looks like a Ubuntu thinghy (...), this might help:
>
> cd /usr/share/services/
> sudo cp http_cache_cleaner.desktop http_cache_cleaner.desktop.ubuntu
> sudo echo StartupNotify=false >> http_cache_cleaner.desktop

It's not ubuntu specific. It's Konqueror's cache cleaner. It does show in
process list, if you use pstree (sysutils/pstree) or ps -w, it'll be
a "kdeinit" process.
if it runs once per day, then you either visit a lot of different sites, or
your cache settings for konqueror are low.

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.