Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:36:14 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <FreeBSD@keyslapper.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Two faced FreeBSD - or is that two headed?

On 10/20/04 03:33 PM, Louis LeBlanc sat at the `puter and typed:
> On 10/20/04 08:09 PM, Peter Risdon sat at the `puter and typed:
> > Louis LeBlanc wrote:
> > > On 10/20/04 01:40 PM, Michael Clark sat at the `puter and typed:
> > > I dont have the computer here to post the config =(
> >
> > You need two screen sections, two monitor sections and two device
> > sections in the X config file.
> >
> > If it helps, a working example follows:
>
> That helps a ton.  Thank you *very* much.
>
> I'm still curious about my last question though.  I suddenly realized
> I'm not being entirely clear where there's room for misinterpretation.
>
> I'm wondering at this point if I should go buy a second physical video
> card to install into my tower.  Not whether I should configure in a
> second card section in the X config.
>
> I'm starting to think I won't, otherwise you'd probably have mentioned
> a card section for each card, right?  So the physical hookup will have
> one monitor plugged into the standard video port, and the second
> plugged into the DVI port via an adaptor.  What adaptor would I be
> using?

Looks like I didn't read far enough down before replying.

Your config looks like I have to go shopping for another graphics card.

Not sure if I can even get the same one now.

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               FreeBSD@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

love, n.:
  When you don't want someone too close--because you're very sensitive
  to pleasure.