Date:      Fri, 3 May 2002 21:28:14 -0700
From:      "Tony Saign" <tony@saign.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Perl scripts that monitor network connection?

Recently (last night) for 3 hours my connection was experiencing some
SERIOUS problems!
(i.e. destination net unreachable, up to 47% packet from my router to
theirs etc.)

This made me realize I need to monitor this connection VERY closely.
Until the issues are resolved.

Can anyone recommend any network connection monitoring scripts that
could be scheduled as cron jobs, and possibly emails the results to me?
Or a good open-source package?

Thanks,

-Tony