Date:      Sat, 31 May 2008 07:05:49 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        DAve <dave.list@pixelhammer.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need to build a new mail server

On Fri, 30 May 2008 11:39:03 -0400, DAve <dave.list@pixelhammer.com> wrote:
> Eric Zimmerman wrote:
>> heres some interesting reading about qmail...
>> http://www.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/~ma/qmail-bugs.html
>
> That so much time and effort is spent telling everyone how bad qmail
> is still amazes me. It is one of the best performing and most
> extensible MTAs I have ever used. It is not however, suitable for
> those who choose not to understand how mail works. Point and clickers
> should stay with Postfix, also a very capable MTA.

This freebsd-questions thread is approaching a low signal/noise ratio
very very fast.  MTAs are a hotly debated subject, and they tend to
spark the flames of a religious war *very* fast.  Can we _please_ try to
steer this discussion back on track, and actually _help_ the original
poster, instead of showing that in a dick size war we can definitely
'win' by our elite administrator skillz?

Please?