Date:      Fri, 11 Sep 1998 18:33:19 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        "Rocky Hurley" <kr4pz@cacs.net>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PPP question..... With an Observation

[.....]
> statement. I have now installed 2.2.7 37 times, yes, *thirty seven* times
> since Saturday on this laptop and I still have to come to microsuk$ to
> write this message. Why?
> Because of this kind of Crap. I have come to the conclusion that FreeBSD
> is the best OS out there, cause even when it will not install completely,
> I can still access it and do simple stuff in it.
[.....]

If you're still so keen on FreeBSD after having such teething
problems, it looks like you should join the documentation project.

Check out www.FreeBSD.org for details.

Honestly, I've heard many people complain about the documentation,
and even seen some do something about it.  People still complain...

Unix has lots of strengths, and with those strengths comes the
requirement that the administrator knows what to do and how things
work.  Historically, Unix presents this information in a rather terse
but precise format.

When the administrator becomes more ``expert'', the documentation
becomes more useful as they can search for the right things and
discover the specifics.  I suspect this is the way FreeBSD will
remain (or at least I hope it is).

The alternative is the M$ approach - I've never found any of their
help screens of the slightest bit of use !

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;