Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:01:56 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        'Gene W Homicki' <gwh@spiders.com>
Subject:   RE: Fonts for the JDK?

>   Reproduction and Distribution. You may reproduce and
>   distribute an unlimited number of copies of  the SOFTWARE
>   PRODUCT; provided that each copy shall be a true and complete
>   copy, including all copyright and trademark notices, and shall be
>   accompanied by a copy of this EULA. Copies of the SOFTWARE
>   PRODUCT may not be distributed for profit either on a stand alone
>   basis or included as part of your own product.

I read no problem in this. We ship the fonts with the .exe they came from
and make sure to put the EULA where people can find it. Presto.

> Lastly, these fonts are meant to be used on Web sites/with browsers.
> I could see Microsoft closing this "loophole" in future distributions
> of the fonts if they saw others distributing them...especially as part
> of something like say, Java.  But more font are always nice.

Isn't Java a language for the web? I don't care that they might close the
loophole in the future. I'm looking for a set of fonts that we can
distribute *now*. :)

I'll put up a little howto like I did for the URW fonts if I find the time,
but I was looking for something that we can include in binary distributions.
I think our port can look nice out of the box, and not choke on Java2D
applications.

    Kees Jan