Date:      Mon, 23 Dec 2002 23:29:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: Nautilus 2 crashing on -CURRENT [FIXED]

On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, Mezz bsdforums.org wrote:

> >The ABI breakage introduced by the virgin import of gcc-3.2.1 into the
> >tree has just been fixed.  Therefore, everything should be good in
> >-CURRENT as well as RELENG_5_0.  Make sure to rebuild libc with the
> >corrected version of gcc.
>
> Well, I updated the source by CVSup (-CURRENT) and the problem is still
> exist. I did the buildworld/installworld/kernel, then update ports and
> update gnome2 from your CVS. After that, I let portupgrade to take care of
> everything. I tried Nautilus 2.1.5 and crashed at the same thing.

> sysinfo# uname -a
> FreeBSD sysinfo.mezzweb.com 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Mon Dec 23
> 05:52:57 CST 2002
> mezz@sysinfo.mezzweb.com:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/BSDROCKS  i386

> sysinfo# cat /usr/src/lib/libc/i386/stdlib/div.S
> <snip>
> #include <machine/asm.h>
> __FBSDID("$FreeBSD: src/lib/libc/i386/stdlib/div.S,v 1.10 2002/12/22
> 06:41:09 kan Exp $");
>
> ENTRY(div)
>         movl    4(%esp),%eax
>         movl    8(%esp),%ecx
>         cdq
>         idiv    %ecx
>         movl    %eax,4(%esp)
>         movl    %edx,8(%esp)
>         ret
>
> I can see, div.S has been committed yesterday. I tried went to
> /usr/src/lib/libc and did the make clean ; make all install. The problem is
> still exist by crashed when Nautilus2 try to view the image. Move from div.S
> to div.S.bak and delete a line from Makefile.inc seems is the better
> solution at this moment.
>
> Do you have any of suggest what I should do beside delete div.S?

What you need to do is do a fresh cvsup, then do:

# rm -rf /usr/obj/*
# cd /usr/src
# make -DNOCLEAN buildworld

After world and kernel are rebuilt and reinstalled, you must reboot, then
do the exact same thing again.  This way, everything will be rebuilt with
the fixed compiler.  Then, rebuild libgnomeui.  After that, you should be
set.

Joe