Date:      Sun, 17 Oct 1999 15:34:26 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeSSH

At 02:06 PM 10/17/99 -0400, Matt Behrens wrote:
>That would probably do pretty well for the initial install, but it
>unfortunately doesn't address the problem of how to stop make world
>from happily replacing all of the newly-missing components.

Then 'make installworld' would have to check and honor what is/isn't in
/var/db/pkg/system (seems like a good place).

>It is a neat idea, though.

Yeah, and I still think it should be done from the building side first and
not the install, as my prior post to the this thread suggested.  Should
that prove difficult, then going the other way means we just do what we
have been doing and deal with them after installworld is done.

Jeff Mountin - jeff@mountin.net
Systems/Network Administrator
FreeBSD - the power to serve
'86 Yamaha MaxiumX (not FBSD powered)