Date:      Fri, 1 Feb 2013 12:16:21 +0000
From:      Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>
To:        Andrew Johnson <daeron@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: avidemux 2.6 and TS recordings

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Andrew Johnson <daeron@optushome.com.au> w=
rote:
>   Are there any tools left in the ports for re-muxing TS recordings?
>   I had visions of using GOPchop to quickly edit some recordings from the=
 digital TV but there seems to be no tools in the FreeBSD ports to either (=
quickly) re-mux TS recordings into mpeg, or to (painfully slowly) convert (=
decode & encode) TS recordings into mpeg.

>   ffmpeg wants to decode & encode, but it doesn't seem to honour all the =
error correction options in a TS steam and has trouble keeping audio sync.

>   The Avidemux portal suggests they've kept working on the TS sync issue =
with the 2.6 and 2.6.1 versions but its 2.5.6 that's in the ports.

What went wrong with ffmpeg?

ffmpeg -i stream.ts -c:v copy -c:a copy out.mp4

If you find a sample that does not keep audio sync, the ffmpeg
developers would want to see it. Bear in mind that you cannot fix
audio sync issues without re-encoding the audio, eg:

ffmpeg -i stream.ts -c:v copy -c:a libfaac -filter:a asyncts out.mp4

Cheers

Tom