Date:      Sun, 4 Jun 1995 21:22:23 -0600 (MDT)
From:      John Patrick Poet <jpoet@rt66.com>
To:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers-digest@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2.0.5A (Jun 4 12:09) Won't install for me :(

I figured that the 2.0.5A release was stable enough that I would give
it try.  Unfortunatly, I can't get it to install.

After I "commit", I get a input/output error while trying to write the
partition information to sd2.

I can't state the error exactly because the machine reboots too
quickly.  I thought the message said I could "hit any key" to abort
the reboot, but that just causes it to reboot imediatly :(

System:
	100 MHz DX4 ASUS motherboard
	Adaptec 2842A
		MICROP    Model: 1624-07MZ1077811
		MAXTOR    Model: P1-17S
		MICROP    Model: 3243-19SC21020AV
		PLEXTOR   Model: CD-ROM PX-4XCH
		WangDAT   Model: Model 3200

I am trying to put the FreeBSD root on sd1, and the rest of it (/usr,
/usr/local, swap, and home) on the second half of sd2.  sd2 is a 4gig
disk.  Is my problem, the fact that I am trying to put it beyond the
2gig mark on this drive?

I am telling it not to mess with the MBR, because I use OS/2's boot
manager.  I also have DOS and Linux installed on this machine.

I am using the 2.0.5A boot disks dated Jun 4 12:09 from freefall.cdrom.com.

Thanks for any tips,

John

+--+  ==  |  John Patrick Poet
|  |      |  jpoet@rt66.com