Date:      Thu, 31 May 2007 14:18:25 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kyrre_Nyg=E5rd?= <kyrreny@broadpark.no>
To:        bind9-bugs@isc.org
Cc:        misc@openbsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   The worst error message in history belongs to... BIND9!

Hello!

I've long wondered where this error message comes from:

"hostname nor servname provided, or not known"

So I grepped my FreeBSD source code and found out it actually belongs to BIND9.

It has to be the worst written error message in history.

Any chance you can change it? Perhaps to something like:

"Address unknown, or not provided."

To avoid such mistakes in the future, I would recommend reading:

http://www.goodcopywriting.com

With that being said, thank you for such wonderful nameserver software!

Thank you,
Kyrre