Date:      Wed, 04 Apr 2001 17:54:51 -0400
From:      Erik Rothwell <erothwell@callgtn.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: TrueType fonts in XF86 4.03 (FreeBSD install from Ports.)]

Hey folks,

I fixed it! Woo! :) Thanks to everyone who had suggestions (incl.
Daniel, Stjin, Michael, others.)

In looking for mkfontalias.py I came across a webpage which claimed the
freetype backend to X4.03 wouldn't process capital letters in font file
names... so, I converted all the caps to lowercase, remade fonts.dir and
fonts.scale and... sure enough... the fonts came back.

That seems like an odd restriction, though, no? Nonetheless, it works!
:) Figures it'd be something inane...

Thanks all!
Erik.