Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2000 02:09:04 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
To:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fxtv: capturing image

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Randall Hopper wrote:

> Marc Schneiders:
>  |I did this: froze the image, then minimized fxtv. The frozen image
>  |disappears (as I would imagine in my stupidity it should be). When I
>  |double click the icon, fxtv comes back with a black screen. So the
>  |picture has indeed 'disappeared' or was never taken at all? Clicking
>  |on the freeze/defreeze button gives me a moving pic again.
>  |Does this mean anything to you? Please enlighten me! And thanks!
>
> Right.  The fact that the image didn't come back means you never had a
> frozen picture.  It was just the last frame that happened to be displayed
> from continuous frame blasting that you were seeing.
>
> You should talk to Roger.  Sounds like you have driver or hardware
> configuration problems.

roger@??? Is this roger@freebsd.org? I'd rather not send all my
stupid questions to too many people :-)

How come I have driver or hardware problems? The hardware seems ok, it
is brand new anyway. As it was working, including the capturing, I
suspect driver's or fxtv's capture function's compatibility with
current code are the problem.
I checked whether it was the mixer device. It is not.
I am no programmer, so I haven't any idea. /sys/dev/bktr/bktr_card.c
was changed recently (beginning Dec., which fits nicely in between my
two build dates). The changes have something to do with capturing
teletext according to commit-message. Maybe it is related with my
problems?

Thanks!

Marc

--
Marc Schneiders

marc@venster.nl
marc@oldserver.demon.nl

propro         	  1:32am  up   8 days,   3:21,  load average: 2.32 2.08 2.02