Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2013 20:57:07 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@getmail.no>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to make APM disk which can be detected by Linux' GParted?

On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 08:06:53 -0800 (PST)
Muammer Hamut=E7u <revivo73@yahoo.com> wrote:

>=20
> The problem is, the apple-boot partitions must have some free space befor=
e them (25K~1M in size) in order to be detected by Ubuntu Install (or Linux=
 GParted for the same matter)
>=20
>=20
> If there's no such space before apple boot blocks, Ubuntu Install cannot =
see the partitions thereby making the installation of Ubuntu impossible.
>=20
> The question is how can I properly add such free space using FreeBSD gpar=
t? Or using any other partitioning tool?=20

I haven't tried this, but does it work if you create a small FreeBSD partit=
ion (with gpart), and then delete it after you have created the others?

HTH
--=20
Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@getmail.no>