Date:      Wed, 23 Nov 2005 19:20:39 +0000
From:      vittorio <vdemart1@tin.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Accessing samba shares without password prompts

Use /etc/nsmb.conf.
Here it is a simple procedure (it works flawlessly for me!) supposing that =
the=20
windows user is called 'myuser', the password 'pass' and the windows=20
share //winserver/data:
As root and once and for all:
1) On your freebsd box create a  user called 'myuser' with adduser etc..;
2) issue "smbpasswd myuser", when prompted for the password type pass;
3)  edit the /etc/nsmb.conf file adding these few lines:=20

###############################
# First, define a workgroup.
[default]
workgroup=3DMyworkgroup

[WINSERVER]
addr=3Dwinserver.yourdomain # or IP address

[WINSERVER:MYUSER]
password=3Dpass

4) restart samba '/usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba.sh restart'
5) issue,e.g.:
mount_smbfs -I winserver //myuser@winserver/data /home/myuser/smb

Ciao
Vittorio